martes, 20 de diciembre de 2011

USE OF ENGLISH - REPHRASING PRACTICE



Rewrite the following sentences so that they have the same meaning.
0.       Sheila is 1.55 m tall. Her brother is 1.70 m tall.
- Sheila IS (15cm) SHORTER THAN HER BROTHER,

Paul moved to Cartagena in February and he still lives here (lived)
Paul has lived in Cartagena since February.

1.      As he hadn’t behaved himself, his parents got angry with him.
- His parents
2.      I’m not as good at English as you are.
- You
3.      They came to live in New York two years ago.
- They have
4.      Smoking is forbidden in hospitals. *
- You
5.      The fireman managed to rescue the child from the burning house.
- The fireman was
6.      I am going to the theatre tomorrow, and I’m really looking forward to it.
- I’m really looking
7.      Her jokes are not as good as his.
- His jokes
8.      You must not smoke in here. *
- Smoking
9.      Will you post this letter for me, please?
- Do you mind
10.        A new magazine is on the hall table.
- There is
11.        I’m sure they are at home. The lights are on. *
- They
12.        In my opinion, taking some exercise would be good for you. *
- You
13.        I felt really tired so I stayed at home.
- I stayed
14.        Germany is richer than India.
- India
15.        I have never read such an interesting book.
- This is the
16.        The film is not as good as the novel.
- The novel
17.        Eva’s party was better than mine.
- My party wasn’t
18.        Paul met Joan in February.
- Paul…………………………. (known)



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario