martes, 4 de octubre de 2011

GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY tests (to be completed before Thurs. 6 Oct.)

GRAMMAR
Tick () A, B, or C to complete the sentences.
Example: They ________ from Rome. They’re from Florence.
A not B aren’t  C isn’t
1 ‘Have you finished that report?’ ‘No, not ________.’
A just B already C yet
2 What ________ you do yesterday afternoon?
A are B did C do
3 I ________ in the park when it started raining.
A sat B was sitting C sit
4 ‘________ you ever been to the museum?’ ‘No, this is the first time.’
A Had B Has C Have
5 He couldn’t remember where he ________ his car.
A had parked B was parking C has parked
6 We ________ work tomorrow.
A haven’t to B don’t have to C must to
7 I ________ the gym on Thursday evenings.
A go usually to B always go C often go to
8 I put ________ salt in the pasta.
A a little B too many C a few
9 Hello! Come in. I’ve ________ made some coffee. Would you like some?
A just B already C yet
10 ‘I don’t want to rent a horror film.’ ‘________ do I.’
A Neither B So C Either
11 ________ in the sea makes you really strong.
A Swim B Swimming C Swiming
12 It’s snowing. ________.
A Putting your hat on B Your hat put on C Put your hat on
13 A key is a thing ________ you use to open doors.
A where B which C who
14 ________ to the basketball match on Saturday?
A Are you going B Do you go C Will you go
15 She ________ invite him if she didn’t want him to come.
A won’t B not C wouldn’t
16 I need some advice. What ________ I do?
A should B must C could
17 This castle ________ in 1600.
A was built B built C was build
18 I don’t have ________ money left, because I bought a new jacket.
A much B many C lots
19 He ________ me not to tell anyone.
A say B told C said
20 What ________ you do if she doesn’t reply to your email?
A will B would C do
21 Let’s order a pizza. We don’t have ________ to cook for dinner.
A nothing B anything C something
22 They’ve lived in the same house ________ forty years.
A for B since C ago
23 I ________ come and see you tonight if I can borrow Joe’s car.
A must B might C have to
24 I think this is the ________ song on the CD.
A better B most best C best
25 That case is too heavy for you. I ________ you.
A ’ll help B help C ’m going to help

25

VOCABULARY
Tick () A, B, or C to complete the sentences.
Example: The film was really ________. I nearly fell asleep.
A exciting B boring  C funny
1 I ________ a lot more money in my new job.
A had B win C earn
2 The meeting is ________ 17 May at 2.00 p.m.
A at B on C in
3 Dan’s so ________. He pays for everything when we go out.
A lazy B mean C generous
4 I’m going to ________ a cake for Bill’s birthday.
A make B do C cook
5 It’s really sunny. Let’s ________ for a walk.
A get B go C have
6 ________ have black and yellow stripes on their bodies.
A Flies B Mosquitoes C Wasps
7 Excuse me, could I ________ on these jeans, please?
A get B take C try
8 My new camera doesn’t work. I’m going to take it ________ to the shop.
A away B back C on
9 The bus was so ________. I couldn’t move.
A crowded B modern C noisy
10 He won’t be very happy if he ________ his driving test again.
A misses B passes C fails
11 Tower Bridge goes ________ the River Thames.
A over B under C through
12 Did you ________ sightseeing in Prague?
A do B make C go
13 He ________ me if I could tell him the way.
A said B told C asked
14 I’ve bought a new ________ for the athletics competition.
A trainers B tracksuit C boots
15 Your ________ are cold! You should wear gloves.
A arms B legs C hands
16 Don’t be so ________! You’ll have to wait.
A impatient B untidy C mean
17 I look ________ my mother; we have the same eyes and nose.
A as B like C to
18 It’s ________ to run when the floor is wet.
A safe B dangerous C clean
19 I fell ________ the steps and broke my arm.
A along B into C down
20 This street is ________ at night – you can’t hear any traffic.
A clean B safe C quiet
21 Say ‘please’. You have to be more ______.
A rude B noisy C polite
22 A ________ has a very long neck.
A giraffe B kangaroo C bear
23 Can you turn ________ the radio? I want to listen to the weather forecast.
A off B on C down
24 Adrian asked me if I could ________ him some money.
A lend B borrow C take
25 I’m sorry I’m late. I ________ the bus.
A missed B left C lost

25

Grammar and Vocabulary total 50